Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pandora Rocks!

Ok, this is review for most of you, but one or two of my readers don't read ULev or Aces Full. I know, it's hard to believe. But given that it is true, and given how cool Pandora is, I had to post about it myself. I'm not going to go into the same level of detail as Chuck does. Not when a link does just as nicely. The short form is that you enter an artist or a song and Pandora looks in its database for the song. Based on what it sees, it finds songs with similar characteristics. You can set a channel up with one or more artists or songs. As the station plays, you tell it which songs you like and which you don't. It analyzes the attributes of each and evolves to give you more of what you want and less of what you don't. It's not perfect. It doesn't have classical, latin, or world music. But what it does have, it does pretty well.

Categories: ,