Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Ok. I've returned from vacation. I've caught up on work mail. I've caught up on personal mail. I've read through all the blog posts I missed whilst away. I've commented on many of them such that my friends cannot possibly miss the fact that I am in town. I've mostly caught up on work. So, why the hell haven't I blogged? It's a curious question and no doubt has many answers. I have plenty to say. How many of you have ever known me to be at a loss for words? Perhaps I have too much to say and can't decide where to start. That's undoubtedly true, but why should it be so hard to resume regardless. I've had too much to say before and managed to post. Some things fell by the wayside because they lost their relevance due to inaction, but still. I've posted. I think as I've typed this, I've hit upon the reason. Fear. Fear of what, you may ask? Well, this isn't exactly an anonymous forum for me. And some of the things I want most to blog about, to enlist the aid of my community on, probably shouldn't be on a public web page. Were I in a more joking mood, I suppose I might quip on the problems of celebrity. Sorry to return so melancholy, but there it is. When life gives you lemons, post an angst ridden cryptic message to your blog.