Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Little More Hanukkah

At James' advice, I am forcing myself to leave the angst behind and see what happens. So, all of the holiday blogging has put a preponderance of Hanukkah and other Jewish words on my web page. This has had the effect of having all manner of Judaica being marketed in my Google Ads. I click on them from time to time to see what kind of stuff they have and today, I found one I am actually going to buy! The LeeVees are an indie band made up of Jewish members of a couple other indie bands. They have recorded an album of Hanukkah songs! This is not your average novelty album. While I love Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song", it is not particularly musical. The LeeVees are musicians first and comedians second. So, the gags aren't as overt, but the songs are better. They ask the musical question that Chuck over at ULev has lamented in "How Do You Spell Channukkahh". There's also an amusing comparison between celebratory styles called "My Goyim Friends". In all, there are four songs you can listen to on their site. They kind of remind me of Barenaked Ladies. I heartily recommend them.