Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Okay, maybe phone cameras aren't stupid

At least a certain chef in England doesn't think so. He was bitten by a large spider that had stowed away in a shipment of food to his pub. Twice. After it bit him, it fell into the freezer, stunning it. He thought it was dead so he took a picture of it with his camera phone because he didn't think his mates would believe him. That's when he started to feel sick. Long story short, the spider was a Brazilian Wandering Spider, one of the most poisonous arachnids in the world. He nearly died because the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. The sent the picture to a zoo and got the care information they needed to save his life. Moral of the story: If anything bites you, get a picture of it.