Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Star is Born - Part II

Well, Maya's show wrapped up the weekend before last. She did a great job! And no, I'm not biased at all. The level of her performance increased with each passing show. Her cast photo is up on the web page here. You can also see some rehearsal photos here. So, why is this Part II? Well, there was another audition and casting...

ME!

That's right. I am returning to the stage after a too long absence. I auditioned for The Pajama Game and landed the role of Hineszie. For those not familiar with the show, let me give you the lowdown on my character. I am a time study executive who used to headline as a professional knife thrower. I get very jealous any time my girlfriend, Gladys, talk to or looks at another man. I also tend to drink when under stress. I open the show, have a duet ("I'll Never Be Jealous Again") and a solo ("Time Study Man").

Deborah, the director is going for an over the top cartoonish sort of performance. She wants slapstick and says my character has to be the most slapstick. For inspiration, she wants me to think Dick Van Dyke and Danny Kaye. I must say, I am quite looking forward to this.

If you happen to be out this way during the second half of May or any weekend in June, then you should come see it!