Thursday, July 15, 2004

Be vewwy quiet...I'm hunting houses

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've spent most of my free night looking at properties. I bet my realtor is getting tired of seeing me. Fortunately for her, she gets a week without me, as I will be back home. The hunt proceeds apace. We have offers in on three different houses. All of them are in Escondido and all are right near our maximum price. *sigh* No bargains to be had here. Real estate works very differently here than it does at home. It seems weird to be offering on three homes at the same time, but our broker told us that it has been such a seller's market that we can't be guaranteed of getting any of them. So, we offer on all and if more than one gets accepted, we have options. If we get one, I'll try to post some pictures. If not, it's back to the drawing board when I return.