Monday, August 29, 2005

I did it...

I finally broke down and admitted that my own attempts at weight loss were not working. I managed to get to a low of 201 during the intensive dance portion of "Pajama Game", but am back up to 206. I need help and I know I need it. So, I joined Weight Watchers. I attended my first meeting this evening and got my materials. Tomorrow I start logging in my journal. I expected the system to be much more restrictive. The plan I am on allows me to eat to satiation from any of my core foods. I'm not going to publish a list or anything, but suffice it to say that the core foods are things you would expect to see on a healthy diet. Then you have a set number of extra "points" that you can split up however you want over the course of the week. If you want to eat them all at, say, The Cheesecake Factory, you can. If you want to use a few a day for a treat, you can do that, too. The idea is to retrain your body and mind to eat the right things and for the right reasons. I pre-paid for 12 sessions. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!