Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Curse you, Red Baron!

Ok. This post actually has nothing to do with the Red Baron. Or Snoopy. Or Charles Schultz. I'm just cursing my friend Steve for tagging me with a book meme on the same day my friend Kerri tagged me with an image meme. I saw Steve first, so I'll tackle his first. With trackbacky goodness!

# of books I own
Well, that's a tough one. We used to own more, but have moved twice in the last few years. The first move was a simplification move. We went from a bigger house to a smaller one. The second move was to California. Both times we pared down our stuff. The books were always hard to pare down. Let's see. We have a large bookcase each in the office and both kids' rooms. We have two small ones in our bedroom andI have a small one at work. I'd say we are around 800 books or so.

Last book I bought
Hmmmm. When was the last time I BOUGHT a book. I've been making extensive use of the library. Usually, books we buy are education oriented either for the kids of for work for one of us. Or for presents. The last book I bought for me (unless you count audio books) was Object Oriented Perl by Damian Conway. The last audiobook I bought was C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. The last audiobook I bought for ME was The Narrows by Michael Connelly.

Last book I read
Sourcery by Terry Pratchett. I still have a long way to go in this series, but I really enjoy the Discworld. Pratchett is one of those authors that actually makes me laugh out loud. I particularly enjoyed Mort wherein Death was a central character.

Five books that mean a lot to me
1. Impro - by Keith Johnstone
2. Last Chance to See - by Douglas Adams
3. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - by Steven Covey
4. The Hobbit - by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. The Case of the Sordid Affairs - by Kevin Dahm and Brian Weissman

I figure James will tap Chuck and Mike, so I'll ping Kerri, NM, Jocelyn, and Robin.