Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Overwhelmed

It's no surprise to any of you that this blog is badly neglected. It has been for a long time. It's been worse lately because of how overwhelmed I am feeling. Not sure if it is the length of my commute, which is about an hour each way, the cost of gas, the state of the world, or something I haven't identified yet. Part of the problem is that I am not a list maker. Another part of the problem is that the "must dos" in my head are so numerous, there seems to be no time for the "want to dos". So, every time I try to decide what to do next, I just see a wall. My mind can't settle on any one thing. The end result? A lot of time goes by and I can't explain what happened to it. And I just switched to a new project at work, which means big learning curve. Sounds so melodramatic, doesn't it? I think it is a side effect to my routine being so badly disrupted from my leg injury. I haven't really recovered from that in many ways.

Well, enough whining. Or whinging. Is there a difference between whining and whinging? No matter. I think I need to reconnect with my community. I'm going to try to do mini-updates here and comment more out there. I think contact helps.